ACTIVATE APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!
Activate at River City Labs
October 2020 Program
An idea is great! But turning that idea into a Business is not for the faint hearted!
Activate helps get your business up and running, and to solidify your place in the Startup Ecosystem!
The Activate Program is a 5-week intensive program (followed by 3 months of exclusive RCL membership) designed to accelerate your startup from IDEA to EXECUTION. Early Stage Tech Founders will have the opportunity to validate their idea, potential scale in the markets, will receive exclusive mentoring from our Entrepreneurs in Residence and the opportunity to pitch to RCL’s broader Investor and Stakeholder Community.
The ACTIVATE PROGRAM includes:
- One-month free digital access to the Activate Program, followed by 3 months discounted RCL membership 50% off
- 4 x 45 minute one on one weekly mentoring sessions over 4 weeks, followed by the 5th week of Pitch coaching
- RCL Activate t-shirt (value $20.00)
- Three months Founder Membership at River City Labs discounted by 50%
- Digital Membership Option ($350+GST in total)
- Exclusive digital access to RCL community, digital perks, resources and events
- In Residence Membership Option ($675+GST in total)
- 24-hour office location with tech businesses growing just like you
- Access to meeting rooms, board room and private booths to meet your clients for the membership duration
- Access to Wi-Fi, coffee, photocopying, lockers, showers and bike storage
- Digital perks such as processing discounts for Stripe and credit platforms such as Google and AWS and CRM’s and all other RCL membership benefits.
- Invites to events, learning and networking sessions
- Referrals into networks and business opportunities
- Opportunity to Pitch to a VC
- New RCL Residents only
- Must be a *Tech Startup (Tech Startup companies deliver new technology products or services; or existing products of services in new ways.).
- Must have a verifiable business with ASIC registration (ABN/ACN)
- Online registration will close on Monday, 5th October 2020 at 8:00pm. Applications will not be accepted after closing date.
- Applicants successful for an interview will only be contacted after the closing date.
- We will notify unsuccessful applicants prior to the program starting.
- Payment of the founder membership must be paid at the beginning of the program.
- Program starts 26th October 2020.
Digital Membership price: 1 month free followed by $350+GST for 3 months total
In-residence membership price: 1 month free followed by $675+GST for 3 months total
Only 8 spots available for this intake!
ACTIVATE APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED!
For more information, contact [email protected]
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My startup is still in the ideation phase. Will this be suitable for the program?
The Activate Program is most suitable for serious Early Stage tech Founders with an established startup idea and name. Must have an ABN.
What is the difference between digital and in-residence membership options?
The main difference is that the In-Residence Membership allows you to have physical access to The Labs, where you can co-work alongside likeminded Founders, have access to meeting rooms, office amenities and receive all Resident benefits.
Do I have to pay up front for the program?
Membership must be paid in full before commencing the program.
Am I considered an early stage startup?
If you have an idea, or MVP, or Product in Market that is less than 3 years old and needs either review, guidance on the business model, go to market, Commercialisation or not getting enough traction and needs help – you can apply!
Learn from the best!
Peter Laurie, Entrepreneur In Residence
As, The Founder of Junta, Peter participates heavily in the innovation system, and plays a particular role in interfacing between corporates and new ventures. He has coached and advised 800+ startups and new ventures on how to innovate, implement, and deliver to both consumers and businesses. Peter has been the Mentor in Residence at River City Labs for over seven years, an Entrepreneur in Residence on six different programs over the last two years and, a mentor on 15+ startup programs nationally. He has been doing large scale software development for the last 25 years for both Enterprise and New Ventures and has an MBA from QUT specializing in strategy, entrepreneurship, and microeconomics. He is a sessional lecturer in innovation, and business strategy at both UQ and QUT, and also won the Queensland Pearcey Entrepreneur Award for 2018.
Llew Jury, Entrepreneur in Residence
Llew Jury is the Entrepreneur in Residence for River City Labs and a serial founder and investor. He is the founder and Chair of Reload, a global digital marketing agency, the Managing Director of venture capital firm Sprint, a director of HR Tech firm Advancer and a founder of social isolation prevention firm, Socially.
Pauline Fetaui, GM of River City Labs
Pauline Fetaui is the General Manager of River City Labs who joined in October 2019 to continue her passion for helping people create and live their purpose, whilst growing innovative tech for the advancement of society. Pauline’s own contribution to this, includes CheeHoo, a personal assistant and organizer app; and her role as co-host for A Splash of Colour podcast where authentic conversations about being human come to life. Pauline also brings 19 years-experience in Corporate leading Business and Digital Transformation and Services.