Our Facilities and Your Space
Inspiring – Professional – Chic
Our office is an innovation hub for all of Queensland and its future. Only 1 km from the CBD, we are located in the heart of the bustling Fortitude Valley Precinct, with entry via either the Brunswick Street or Chinatown pedestrian malls.
"The original and still the best. At the heart of the Brisbane startup scene, River City Labs, has provided a foundation for countless startups to gather, form and scale. Serendipitous meetings, strong networks, continuous learning and people willing to pay it forward. If you are in SEQ, there is no better place to execute your idea.
— Nicholas Heany, Managing Director at Skrilla
Drop-in day pass
Drop-in and work from RCL for the day. Includes benefits listed below.
$30 per day + GST
Casual (Hot Desk)
Access to convenient hot desk within River City Labs that includes the benefits listed below.
$300 per month + GST
Permanent desk at River City Labs with access to start-up community and includes the benefits listed below.
$450 per month + GST
Studio Permanent Desk
Studio workstation within River City Labs which includes the benefits listed below.
$550 per month + GST
Private, lockable office spaces available that is suitable for 2 to 14 people and includes the benefits listed below.
From $1,300+GST per month
Meetup Groups can run 1 event per calendar month, for a maximum of 4 hours per event, including setup and reset of the event space.
$299 per annum + GST
Access the RCL community on an informal and affordable basis. Ideal for Alumni and Corporate partner's wanting to interact more with RCL residents.
$1,500 per annum + GST
A full service corporate space with all the extras
Founders and their businesses will have access to the following facilities at River City Labs (subject to terms and conditions):
Fully managed, high-speed, highly-available, carrier-redundant fibre broadband connection. Unlimited internet usage
Industry Mentors Across a 45,000+ Member Community
A connected community with the expertise of the RCL founder network, mentors and community
Meeting & Quiet Rooms
Meeting and dedicated quiet rooms.
*Boardroom hire incurs an additional fee for casual members.
Tea and Coffee
Complimentary tea and coffee for you, your team, and guests
scanners provided on a fair-use basis
Workstations and modern, ergonomic chairs
Networking and Industry Initiatives
Weekly and monthly community initiatives
Multiple collaboration areas including the main kitchen/break out space, seating booths, high bench tables and stools
(Coming soon in 2020)
Available technology includes collaboration tables, interactive media and AR/VR hub, available for presentations
AWS, Azure, Stripe, Google Cloud
Access to a range of startup benefits, including discounts, waived fees, extra support, etc.
Automatic heat and air-conditioning and electricity in the office space
Dedicated lockers for members
Collaboration space with social events and adventures
Access to binders, laminator, secure waste and paper recycling provided on a fair-use basis
Growth Programs & Events
Supported by experienced Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIRs) and Community Members
Dedicated facilities and access to the communal collaboration facilities
Discounted ACS Membership
Significantly discounted membership available to all RCL members - see the benefits below
State-of-the-Art End of Trip Facilities
Facilities include showers and bike racks
Generating the best for Qld, through our partnerships across our community of Alumni, Corporate, Government, Investors, Mentors and ICT Specialists
A landing pad for students, innovators looking for a career experience in Startups, RCL or Corporate Partners.
ACS is the peak professional body for ICT professionals in Australia, providing you with:
From the 1st April 2020, River City Labs will give members ACS benefits for $270 per year, plus GST which entitles members to significant savings in insurance for business, as well as other additional benefits:
- Must be a registered Australian business, with applicable company insurances in place
- Turnover sufficiently high (or capital raise) to fund an initial twelve-month lease commitment
- B2B enterprise focussed and platform based (product not services companies – we are focussed on supporting high growth tech startups go global)
- Established for a period of less than four years
- Teams of 5 or less preferred (with on team technical talent)
- Demonstrable product differentiation and not simply the cannabilise existing domestic market
- Demonstrated talent of founding team members
- Founders can sell a vision convincingly to customers, venture capital and employees - and demonstrate an understanding of the next three things that need to get done to drive the business forward
- Our admittance criteria have been developed to identify tech startups that are motivated by solving a global problem
Willingness and capability to:
- Become ACS members
- Allow ACS to market founder’s participation in accelerator
- Share financial information on revenue generation and profitability statements to ACS under non-disclosure agreements